California Water Service Company (Cal Water) would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during our ongoing construction project. We know you would appreciate an update on the status as well as an approximate construction schedule. Please feel free to contact us at the number below if you have any concerns about the information we are providing.
Due to weather and other construction delays, the project is now targeted for completion in February, 2017.
The status and schedule of construction is as follows:
- The new water main has been installed, and we have covered the trench with temporary asphalt
- We have completed the construction work for all of Loyola Dr., Esberg Rd. and Mora Dr.
- We are still working on Terrace Dr. and Lundy Ln.
- On Terrace and Lundy, we will be connecting our new main to the existing mains, as well as moving the individual residential water services over to our new main. This work requires shut downs of water service for various lengths of time.
- We will make every effort to provide a 2 day advanced notice, by leaving a door hanger, prior to any day-long (1 work day) service interruptions.
As stated above, please be aware that the current asphalt is temporary in nature, and will be replaced with permanent paving after the work is complete. After the permanent paving, the project will appear to be done. However, there will be one more item remaining which is “micro-surfacing” the streets. This is to be done in the spring, and will not only seal the asphalt but also give a more uniform look. The reason the sealant is delayed until spring is that it must be done in warm, dry weather to set properly.
We apologize for any inconvenience this work has caused and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or we can be of further assistance, please call our Customer Center at (650) 917-0152.
Cc: File W.O. 103482 and 107339